Thursday, December 31, 2009

Need some advice with my long distance relationship.?

I have a boyfriend in the Navy who has been gone for a month so far; he's signed on for 6 years. We've been together for a year and a half and I knew from the beginning that he'd be leaving. For some reason I didn't think it would be as hard as it has been when I told him I'd wait for him. I feel terrible about this because we love each other very much but I'm afraid that the distance is going to be too much for me. I'm just not happy with it being this way. I also met this really amazing older guy recently who isn't making this situation any easier because he is just so wonderful. I just need some advice on what I should do.Need some advice with my long distance relationship.?
stay with the NAVY guy plzplzplz. stay away from the older guy.the navy guy likes u prolly more than u like him, stick with him. trust me. help http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>Need some advice with my long distance relationship.?
Well this is a hard one. Your actualy bf could be THE one...but long distance relationships are very hard and take more committment than we want to. The easy way out is breaking up with him and date this other great guy...although you don麓t know if this great guy still might be worth leaving your bf. It麓s all a risk, and I know how complicated it must be. I麓ve been there. But because this is about love, you must stay with the person you love right now, not the one who麓s making you have butterflies. Because love is deeper than butterflies in your stomach.


But if you believe truthfully in your heart that it won麓t work (not that it麓s hard because any relationship is hard) then leave your bf because you might actually be doing something good for him too, to find someone else...


As long as you decide something out of your good heart, things will work out for you...because if you were in the navy away loving and missing your bf and he麓d be here asking for advice on whether to saty with you or an amazing girl he met...well, just think about it.
6 years is a long time to wait on someone. A lot can change. You 2 would probably change, certainly being in the navy would change him, and you're not in contact that much to change and grow together. You would also find u would start drifting apart as your life would go on, you would have so many experiences without him.





I was in the same situation some years ago when my bf went away to study- also for 6 years. I met someone else after a few months and broke up with him. He was very hurt but I just could not wait for him that long.





I can understand your stress right now. And imagine its only a month. As heartbreaking as it may be for the 2 of you it might be better to break up with him. All the best!
this is a difficult one because like you say you knew this would happen eventually, but I don't think we ever fully prepare ourselves for it. I would say that you musn't do anything with thisolder guy until you sort it out with your boyfriend, that would just be plain deceitful and hurtful. If your struggling now imagine enduring 6yrs of this? you need to think about wether you love him enough to be apart from him for long periods without straying. Good Luck!!
I think the best thing for you to do is to listen to your heart, but to also sit down or have a talk with your bf in the Navy. You've told him that you would wait for him and its important for him to know how you are feeling. Its gana be hard to tell him and its gana be hard for him to hear, but if he really cares about you then he would let you do what makes you happy and not make you feel bad about it;-)


i mean it better to tell your bf now how you feel then to go out with this other guy and feel guilty because you were supposed to be waiting for your bf in the Navy
if you truly love your boyfriend you would wait for him no matter what even if it seems hard. but if you dont think that the relationship is going to last w/your boyfriend anyways you shouldnt put yourself through the pain of waiting for him and then breaking up with him. go for the older guy if thats how you truly feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment