Thursday, December 31, 2009

I really need some advice- should I move out, will it help my relationship? Please... help?

I moved in with my boyfriend after dating for just about 6 months... I was always at his house and we figured it just made sense to make it more permanent by bringing in my clothes and things... The thing is that, he currently lives with his mom (we are both still in college, graduating this year) and we have plans to move to Chicago in July....





So... I realized that I dont feel like myself anymore. Before I moved in, I was more fun, free, and happy... He and I have a good relationship, we are still happy- but it is just SO SO SO overwhelming and stressful living with his mother- she doesnt clean or cook and it's just, well hard to explain, but it is bad!





I am staying at my parents house, my real home- for 5 days and I dunno, I have been thinking about going back to possibly just like dating him- not living together but seeing him 2-3 times a week... I don't want to destroy anything, but I feel like maybe it will get even worse by staying there? Our sex life has diminished and I am often quite upset being there ...





Can anyone offer me some advice- should I just stick it out in that house? I mean we are moving soon, I know- will moving back home make it worse? I don't want to ruin our good relationship, but i just dont know!!I really need some advice- should I move out, will it help my relationship? Please... help?
Additional advise for you in response to your most current posting for help:





I have this friend that had a crush on this boy in highschool and she never told him. Well, that 10 year highschool reunion came around and she had enough confidence to tell him that she had always had a crush on him. They began to date and quickly thereafter got married. Well, as it turns out (and she knew this from the beginning) - his mom was a total packrat. His family's home was a disaster. Packages of all kinds of things stacked floor to ceiling in most rooms. She thought it was awful but wanted to pursue her highschool dream - to get THIS guy!!!! So, married in six months they have a house and as time goes on the way he was raised causes her ALOT of trouble. She tried and tried to get him from doing the same 'packrat' - messy things that his family did for all of his years growing up. She tried but then she began to give up - she used a 'messy room' to throw stuff that was not put away because she couldn't keep up. Pretty soon, as she was busy with kids and work, she really couldn't keep up and that messy room spilled over into the rest of the house and now they have a carbon copy of his childhood home! Be careful!!!





It sounds to me that you have already answered your own question - you are much happier when you are not 'living' at his mother's house and you anticpate moving to Chicago in July - so you move back into your parents home with the intention of moving with him, to Chicago, in July. If he loves you he will understand that this is in your best interest and because he loves you he will continue the relationship with you under these terms. If he just cares about himself (believe me, you do want to find this out sooner rather than later) - he will fuss and whine and beg you not to do this, regardless of your feelings on the matter. It will be at that point that you will, hopefully, realize, that he is in this for him and not for the two of you. I am telling you this as a lesson that may make or break your future with this guy or any other guy in the future. If he cares about your happiness then it will be easy as pie for you to explain that for now you are happier at your parents home and when July comes around you cannot wait to move with him to Chicago. Best of luck - always :)I really need some advice- should I move out, will it help my relationship? Please... help?
Be honest to your boyfriend. Talk to him what you feel. You both should decide on that. I know your boyfriend is sensible enough. You can still go out even you are with your parents and he is with his parents too. Anyway you said you are going to move Chicago so just wait for that time. Maybe a little space will do good for both of you.
You're blaming the boredom of living with him on the mother-in -law.





Here is my advice to you...Stay single and enjoy life as long as you can. If you want to move in with someone, make sure they love you and get you a nice diamond...then the work starts and you can both strive to maintain a marriage.





You have learned a good lesson!!
I agree I think you should move out. You never should have moved in with him and his MOM. Bad move! If you two have a good relationship it will last. So pack your bags!
You were a shack up honey. Move out. Date another to see if they are a keeper. Do it the right way..He does not respect you...

No comments:

Post a Comment