Thursday, December 31, 2009

Need serious advice on big age-difference relationship?

Hi, I apologize in advance if this is really long, this is my first time posting a question so I am not used to this. I have been dating a very nice guy for the past three months. I am enthralled by his personality and I am very physically attracted to him. I have dated many guys in the past and can honestly say that everything about this man positively stands out from the others. As any other couple, we have our trials and misunderstandings but we work on them and grow closer in the process. I love his personality, behaviour, views and attitudes on life and how he treats me with such care. The interesting thing is though-we are 27 years apart. I am 18 and he is 45. To my own surprise, we have great chemistry and genuine romantic love for each other. To me, the age difference is barely noticable because he is not the typical 45-year old I imagined; he is very mature but has a beautiful heart of a kid, he is cute and silly, takes care of his health, jokes alot and has many interests, heck he is more lively than I am! We have tried to end it before, but every time we end up being miserable/missing each other and wanting to be with one another other again. He is not wealthy thus I know this has nothing to do with me wanting money from him. I sincerely love, care, and want to be intimate with this person despite the age difference. If I was to end the relationship, it would only be out of personal fear and doubt of the unknown future. I am looking for others' opinion on this-what would you do in my situation? Would the age difference force you to end it? Would you pay no attention to social norms and be with the one you love? Thank you in advance for your answers, please no immature commentsNeed serious advice on big age-difference relationship?
If nothing else comes of it, you have a wonderful friend to share your life with for as long as it lasts.





I wouldn't try to force anything, there's no hurry. You need the freedom to finish your education and begin your career unhampered.





True love never ends. Circumstances may change, the relationship may change, but you will always have a place in your heart for him.





Enjoy the days as they come.Need serious advice on big age-difference relationship?
um this is awkward
I c no problem wth ur love 4 an older man, i have a younger girlfriend, she is 19 filippino and yes i've heard all stories abt money, like ur man i am not rich/wealthy, wat we have is love. Wat i will say is be prepared 4 the do gooders who beleive that love 4 a young girl is just lust on ur mans part. If u r happy wth ths relationship, go 4 it and be happy, gud luck
Personally I would wonder what a ';mature'; 45 year old man sees in an 18 year old girl - a girl at that age is basically a blank slate who is appreciative of experiences new to her provided by an older man, not going to be as critical, knowledgeable or experienced in life as a 45 year old woman. You don't say anything about whether he has kids, ex-wives, etc, but you need to look at his past history because that is a good indicator of his future acts.





You can never know the future, but if you marry him remember he might die, or you might end up taking care of him for many years. I had a friend who at age 19 married a 49 year old man. She was very mature for her age, and he was rather immature in ways...however, he ended up dying 8 years later.





Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment