Sunday, December 27, 2009

Advice on my long distance relationship?

Hi


I have been with my boyfriend for about a year and a half now and before that we were best friends through out high school.


He went away to a college about 1 hour and 40ish min away.


It was really hard when he was in school last year and it seems to be even harder this year.


I love him so much and I feel like we were only a summer relationship...


he tries to visit me as much as he can, but he has school and sports.





I never drove there myself before because I have not been driving that long. I want to drive there this holiday weekend, but I am so scared... I have never driven such a long distance before.. the furthest I have driven is probably about 15-20min away.





I know to keep a long distance relationship strong, both parties have to make effort to see eachother. I don't know how to not be scared.


Is there anything else besides visiting and calling and texting we can do to keep our relationship strong...?Advice on my long distance relationship?
Unless you two plan on being married once your both settled, you should move on. Long distance relationships are already hard enough but you two are in college as well? Think about going on like this for 2 more years (with the added pressure he's getting from all the available girls at his school). And once he finishes college, there's a VERY good chance his job isn't going to be near you (unless he plans on doing entry level jobs). But it seems both of you are devoted.





If you two do continue, you could send presents by mail (shows your willing to put in more effort than simply texting). There isn't too much you can do.. make nightly calls and send a couple of texts a day checking how things are going.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment