Sunday, December 27, 2009

Advice on restoring a broken relationship. Long explanation!?

My girlfriend and I have had some issues of growing apart for a while now. It came to a head about 2 months ago and we officially broke up.





We own a house together, have pets together, basically a life built together. We have been together close to 6 years, living together for 5.





Since the break up, we have been living together still in the house, but in separate rooms. We have been on a roller coaster ride of emotions, going from being close, to being mean to one another. It seems every week we go back and forth. We have also in this time connected sexually again, and at a much more passionate level. She told me that she feels like where we have been sexually the last two months is where she always wanted us to be.





She asked me if I would like to go out on a date with her to see if there was anything that could be rekindled. I didn't say yes until a day or two later. During this time she invited me to stay in our bed again, and I slept there for 3 nights in a row. Then out of the blue, she sends me a text message saying she will be late coming home this certain night from hanging with friends, and that she would like me to sleep in my own bed because she needs some alone time.





I was upset and confused immediately after the progress we seemed to be making in repairing our relationship, and told her to forget the date, and that I would be staying with a friend. I stayed there for 3 days.





I recognize that I may have overreated and could have simply talked to her to tell her how confusing it was for me and that it seemed she just got me back in there, just to throw me back when she reeled me in and got what she wanted.





In the 3 days I spent away from her, I realized I had stopped trying and I am now committed to trying whatever I can to fix this. I yesterday made a decision to move myself back into our room and sleep in our bed. She was not happy with this decision, but I told her that is where I am most comfortable, and as she had said to me before, I should not feel unwelcome or uncomfortable in my own home.





I got into bed last night and she made a move to leave and sleep elsewhere, but I assured her I would not touch her or try to touch her, and she lay back down again. She said she was worried me sleeping there again would lead to us having sex, and that she doesn't think that's right. I assured her that I don't want to do that.





She told me she doesn't want to give me false hope, and I told her that I am aware of the risk of me getting really hurt in the end, but she was worth it to me to at least do everything I can to try. At least if things do end for good, I can't be accused of just giving up and walking away. I told her I don't expect her to reciprocate in any way, but I have to try.





She says she doesn't know what to do to fix it and she doesn't know if we can. She says she doesn't know if we can be everything the other needs.





Do you think I was wrong to go back to our bed whether she wanted me to or not? Am I just setting myself up for hurt, or do you think I can turn us back around?





Everyone with constructive words, whether for or against working on it gets a thumbs up.


Advice on restoring a broken relationship. Long explanation!?
Go back to your own bedroom.Leave her alone,but set some rules up so you want get your heart broken.Neither one of you can have lovers over,because after all you want your relationship back.Tell her you still love her,and you have lots of things you both worked for together.You don't want to see that go down the drain without a fight to save the relationship.Tell her how much you want to be in her life,and that you understand she may need some freedom.Sometimes when you leave people alone they realize on there own what the other person meant to them.You have to be strong in this ask her what she want to do.I'm hoping she doesn't want to break the bond,but she need to see what it feels like not to be in a committed relationship.Good Luck To You!Advice on restoring a broken relationship. Long explanation!?
go to the love dare website, check it out and see what you need to do to repair what has been damaged. Do your part and only until you have done all you can do, you don't need to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment