Thursday, December 31, 2009

Does anyone have any advice about security in a relationship?

I'll try to be brief, even though it's a complicated story :p





Basically I'm a 19 year old guy and have been with my boyfriend, 17, for about 18 months now. The first year of our relationship started off great, went a little rocky but then eventually smoothed out at the start of this year, to the extent we were both really happy.





The only downside was his parents, who it seems are incredibly homophobic and have given me nothing but grief since he told them about us. If they're uncomfortable with it then sure, I can understand that, but when his mum started going around calling me a paedophile (and I'm talking very publically here) I really lost my temper and told her to keep away from me because I was sick of her vile attitude. She responded by going to the police, claiming I'd had sex with my boyfriend before he turned 16.





The police spent 3 months of this summer investigating this, during which I was told to stay away from him. Having been close to him for the past 5 years and rarely going a day or two without any contact with him, this was nothing short of torture. We then made contact again once the police finally accepted that we hadn't had sex and released me from bail, which his mum didn't like one bit and responded by outing him to his entire family, telling them all he was confused because he'd been sexually abused. As a result he moved out to live with his grandparents and refuses to move back while she lives in his old house.





We then went a month without any contact after his parents essentially stole his phone off him, only for him to again make contact last week. My problem is that after all this time without him I feel so insecure about our relationship. Things between me and him are fine, but to give an example, he hasn't yet texted me tonight. Ever since he contacted me last Sunday he's always texted me at around 11pm just as he goes to bed, and the fact he hasn't tonight is terrifying me. I've had to physically move my phone away from me to stop myself texting him every few minutes to probe if he's there or not. I guess I'm absolutely terrified of going through a long period of no contact with him again, and it's something I want to deal with now before I strangle our relationship to death.





At the same time, seeing his family arguing and falling out with each other over this (especially his mum), I feel torn. On one hand, I feel responsible and completely guilty, whilst I also feel she's completely brought this upon herself?





Okay, that wasn't brief at all :p Thanks for your time anyway xDoes anyone have any advice about security in a relationship?
It sounds like the relationship is already over - move on.


You seem very keen on this relationship. The other guy seems to be indicating that for whatever reason he wants to move on.


Whether it be personal preference or family pressure makes no difference.Does anyone have any advice about security in a relationship?
Your not responsible for him being gay and his parents not being accepting. It was bound to happen if not with you, someone else. You have to realize too what he's going through and how he's feeling about all of this I'm sure he's torn inside about how his family is treating him. I think you need to give him and his family some space if you want things to work out. If you love him, you should put your wants aside and be more supportive of what he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment