Sunday, December 27, 2009

Advice to fix a troubled relationship?

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. We have been through a lot. We are so close, we are best friends. We are everything to each other but lately we have been having a lot of fights. There have been several instances where i lied to him about my past. Every time i eventually came clean. I lied completely out of fear though i know that does not make it ok. I just wanted to avoid fights. Now he has lost trust in me. I have realized that by lying i really hurt him and i never want to cause him pain again and i know i will never lie to him again. Now i just need to fix the damage that I have done. The problem in that i am leaving for college in 2 weeks and he is very nervous that I will meet someone else. I feel that I will not because i believe that he is the one. I feel this way because i know in my heart that i love every part of him, i see his imperfections as things that make him who is and just more reasons to love him. I would do anything to support him and provide for him. I want to work through the fighting and get back to being good I am just not sure how to gain his trust back and reassure him that he is the one. Help?I also want to know how we can ease the fighting. Sometimes he gets really mad because I say i know i wont find anyone else and he doesnt want to believe me and then get hurt. All his emotions channel into anger (He is a marine and has been trained not to show anything else) He will call me names and yell%26gt; but then afterwards he feels horrible%26gt; i know he doesnt mean what he says and he has just put up a wall but idk how to break past it and show him that he can be emotional in front of me. I just want to be able to stop the fights to relieve both of our stress.





please don't say just dump him.Advice to fix a troubled relationship?
WOW. You are in your prime learning years. Let us hope you will


other relationships at school and they won't be relationships where


you feel you have to provide for someone. When you have a guy that


needs to be mothered and supported, well........ it is a big world.


Now you have let him know that his mother image of you is flawed.





Go off to school and get a good well rounded education and in


the process learn social skills too. A lot can happen in 4 years.


You might grow a lot and he may not grow at all. That is important.


breaks up a lot of marriagesAdvice to fix a troubled relationship?
In college make sure you keep in touch with him every day. If you have the money surprise him with a visit during the school year. Tell him that both of you have to be strong while you are separated. For you as for his anger you are going to have to accept it for the next two weeks. Once you are separated he will realize how much he misses you.
Hey, well im going to start off being honest...im 17 turning 18 this year, however i am currently in a relationship that is well over a year now too. We have had our fair share of tough times and we have managed to make things work rather smoothly by now. I too was going through a time where it was constant fighting and things were getting edgy. I feared we would break up too. I hope that regardless of my age, i can still be of some assistance to you. With us it was a moment that we had to act and change our ways or let things end there. IF THIS RELATIONSHIP MEANS THAT MUCH TO YOU AS OURS MEANT TO US THEN YOU CAN AND WILL WORK THIS OUT AND BECOME EVEN CLOSED AS YOU SURPASS THIS DIFFICULT TIME. Regardless of age, a relationship needs communication with full honesty, if you truly feel he is the one then he should be the one to which you tell all your secrets and say No lies to. It's great that you now relize that and you should communicate with him what you are feeling. Tell him that you feel this strongly for him and that to you he is the one. Back up what you say with what you show him, give him your love. If you two have made it past a year then you have been doing something right to begin with. Trust is never easy to gain but if this person feels like the one then you must let him know that and if he feels the same way then he should he willing to put forth the effort to fix the relationship and gain trust again. Start by telling him the truth about everything that you may have lied about and then some too. Share with him your past and then you as well as he, will feel revealed that there is nothing hidden any more. (Wouldn't you love to say that he is the one person on earth who knows you better than you do?!!) If your answer is what i think it is, then put forth the effort to allow that to one day be true. Become more open and make sure you back up what u say by making him feel your love. THERE IS NOTHING THAT WE LOVE MORE THEN TO FEEL OUR WOMEN LOVE US MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD. Don't be afraid to open up completely...it will benefit you both. I wish you the best of luck, and god bless. I hope i was of some assistance. please let me know how things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment