Thursday, December 31, 2009

Advice needed on a potential relationship! Best Answer +10pts! (lengthy story)?

Alright - I've been presented with a bit of a confusing situation and I'd like to know what other people make of this situation, people who are unbiased and will give me straight, no-nonsense answers. (bear in mind that I am VERY mature and intellectual for my age (20) and am looking for LONG TERM relationships.)





Here goes...Well when I was a child (probably around age 7-8) my mother's best friend's son and I were best friends. He would always come to my house and hang out with me and we were inseperable. Finally one day, my mom and his mom had a HUGE falling out and we never heard from them again.





Now, 12 years later, it seems that I've found my childhood friend again (thanks to the wonders of the internet) and we've started talking again. We've been going back and forth for about 2 weeks and just this weekend he came over and spent the night with me and my famiy. We went to New York and had a lot of fun together. Just like old times.





The problem is that we have grown so immediately attached that he kept hinting that he was going to ask me to date him. He even asked me what i think about being with him. Naturally I was all for it, but last night he started crying when he was cuddling up with me while we were watching a movie together.





He said that he and his first girlfriend have been off and on for roughly two years or so. They ';broke it off'; quite recently....3 months ago...and he says that he feels terrible for hurting me by saying he was ready for a relationship when he's still not over HER. Evidently she texts him things hinting that she wants him back after CHEATING on him (Why they broke up).





Right now, I dont know what to do. I want to give him time to recover, but I also don't want to lose him to that ***** who DOES NOT DESERVE HIM. I won't see him again until maybe around Christmas or later, but we text each other ALL THE TIME. (He goes to school in PA and lives in NY)





My plan for this weekend originally was to kiss him, and to see if the sparks were there, ya know? Like in the movies? But I chickened out because he cried in my arms over some other girl, and I didnt want to make his pain worse...I just want him to be happy...I can make him happy...We get along so well and compliment each other so perfectly, and I feel like it was Destiny to meet up with him again (as corny as that sounds).





What should I do to give him time to heal but also make sure he doesnt fall for lies again?Advice needed on a potential relationship! Best Answer +10pts! (lengthy story)?
It sounds like, if he chooses you, then he's a very lucky man.





After being with someone for two years, three months is a bit fast. The most I can say is to be there for him as a friend, but help him to understand that she doesn't deserve him. He's going to need time-- if you rush into anything, then it will be too easy for him, during some future time when you hit a rough spot, to look back and wonder if he liked you as a rebound from her. That has to be out of the question.





So give him time, but be there for him as much as you can. If you really feel this way about him, make it clear that he has the time he needs, but that you're there for him when he's ready. That in itself may be enough to give him the healing he needs.Advice needed on a potential relationship! Best Answer +10pts! (lengthy story)?
give him time and look out for yourself because he isn't. if he cared about you, he wouldn't use your shoulder to cry on over another girl. that's really selfish and immature. If he's not using you, he will understand about you telling him to give it time.

No comments:

Post a Comment