Thursday, December 31, 2009

I don't want a relationship but I want to make some friends any advice?

About a year ago I moved to a new state for college and since that time Ive really haven't made any friends. Most of the people that I see on a regular basis are at school. The problem is that Im going into nursing and Im a guy. Im not gay for those who are wondering and Im not looking for a relationship. There is only myself, one other guy and all other are female in my classes. I get along with everyone pretty well but always feel like Im under scrutiny mainly because Im male. Im kept pretty busy with school and work but some times I long to talk to someone to share my day with (a friend). Im preety sure I could go out with some of the girls at school but then Id just be attracting more scrutiny so Im trying to stay away from doing that. Id like to make friends with some as in seeing them outside of school but Im afraid they would take it as meaning something more. Just looking for some suggestions been getting rather depressed lately with be online my only place to talk.I don't want a relationship but I want to make some friends any advice?
If you choose to continue in the school you are in, then you may as well use your experiences the best way you can. Even though you are in a nursing program, you usually need to take general courses. Take some of them, even if taking them will make it take a bit longer to graduate. Better to take a little longer and be happy, then to be unhappy. Maybe you could go to a hospital and talk to some professional male nurses and ask them how they got through this part of things. Do you have any other interests, besides your classes? Find ways to join groups that utilize these things so you can meet people who share your other interests. Would it be so terrible to go out with one or two of the girls in your classes, whether it is for a date, or not? Try to place yourself in situations that can help you become more confident. Church youth groups, clubs, service organizations all have get-togethers with people who are kind and caring, like you. Try to take time away from your classes that will allow you to get to know people so that you don't feel so isolated. Studying is important, but learning to be part of a group is just as important. Be dedicated, but don't limit yourself so much that you don't feel good while you are doing this. Get to know whoever you like. Good friends are important to success, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment