Thursday, December 31, 2009

Advice - have I ruined my relationship forever?

I've made a horrible, horrible mistake. Okay, I've only ever dated one guy. We started dating almost 4 years ago and have been engaged for a few months. Some of the passion had died and I'd been driving myself crazy hoping I wasn't making a mistake. I know I love him, but I was scared at not having any other relationship to compare it to.





So I studied abroad for a little while last spring and met this guy. We became good friends while we were there and ended up hooking up later after returning home. It only happened twice, and there isn't any kind of ongoing affair. I realized that I confused my caring emotions towards this guy as a friend for something deeper. Regardless, I made the decision to end things with my fiance, since I've always told myself I would never ever cheat in a relationship.





Then I realized I still love my fiance strongly and I always have. I don't know if I just lost my mind for a little while or if being engaged just scared me at the time.





What I do know is that I've made a horrible mistake. I love my fiance and I know even more strongly now that I want to be with him. But if I tell him about my indiscretion, I'll lose him. I regret it so much, but he would never forgive me... we were both virgins when we met, so this is an extremely big deal.





What do I do? I don't want to hurt him by telling him the truth, because I know it would destroy him... I never wanted to cause him pain. I hate what I did and regret it more than anything in my life.





Has anyone else been in this position who could give me some advice? Advice - have I ruined my relationship forever?
i have been in this kind of situation before


i had the best boy ever i loved him with all my heart - first an only love


an i fucked it coz i wasnt sure


now im with someone else but i no i want an only love my ex





we all make stupid mistakes like this but its if we learn from it


if u an this guy are meant to be then it will work out


if u are truly sorry then he will forgive u oneday





good luckAdvice - have I ruined my relationship forever?
you know what, i havent been in that same situation but i feel where u commin from. and real talk honesty is the only way bc say u get back wit him w.o tellin him, the guilt is going to kill you and if u tell him more later then its going to destroy what you guys have build. Bt if u tell him now yes he;s going to be angry upset and al that bt he has to respect your honesty and this can make you or break you. and if he doesnt forgive you then it wasnt meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment