Tuesday, April 27, 2010

PLEASE READ. NEED ADVICE. New girl is EXTREMLY CLINGY, starting to want to back out of the relationship.?

I started dating ';Jen'; two and a half months ago after not dating for 11 months after my fiancee whom I dated for 4 years left me. ';Jen'; is 25 and still lives at home, she is a sweetheart and extremely gorgeous. Her family loves me and We get along very well. My problem with her is that she EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND CLINGY. Two weeks after we started dating she told me that she loved me. When I told her that I need to take thing slowly, but that I really liked her, she cried for 4 hours. After two months of dating her, I realized that she doesn't give me those ';butterflies in my stomach';like I had when i met my ex.even after two months she doesnt want to ever go out or do things, all she wants to do is stay home and Watch American Idol . I realized that I like her but don't love her even though she is crazy about me. I know that the relationship with my ex is over, but I feel like I should still continue dating around and find a better suited match for me.PLEASE READ. NEED ADVICE. New girl is EXTREMLY CLINGY, starting to want to back out of the relationship.?
Besides her being good looking and you two getting along, doesn't seem like there is a spark. She does not sound mature.





As to how to back away, it's going to be difficult obviously. You are going to have to put a moratorium on the texting first off--one or two a day and that's it. You are going to have to break her heart, but with those types, I don't see the choice. I agree you need to date around. Good luck. Won't be fun...PLEASE READ. NEED ADVICE. New girl is EXTREMLY CLINGY, starting to want to back out of the relationship.?
Sounds unhealthy....and if you want a healthy relationship - you will have to get out and then find one





You will have to be cruel to be kind......you have to think about your own happiness - and if you are not happy with her , you're not happy with her!





Hope you find your 'butterfly' girl!!!!
She is suffering from extremely low self-esteem and insecurity. This clingy behavior is a huge warning sign. This is probably something that won't be fixed easily - some women eventually grow into self-confidence; others require professional help, and others remain victims of it their entire lives.





If you choose to stay in this relationship you will be constantly reassuring her, trying to prove that you love her enough, fighting about accusations that you're cheating or at least looking at other women, and documenting your every move for her. It's not a pleasant life. I don't recommend it.





If you want to break it off, do it cleanly and quickly, like ripping off a band-aid. Sit her down (in person) and tell her that you don't think you are compatible and that you can't see her anymore. Then tell her to stop contacting you and you will do the same. If she asks why you could bring up the self-esteem issue, but it probably won't register with her yet.
RUN Forest, RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!
Run Dude!!!! If she is this clingy now, it will only get worse! I was in a similar situation last year. I made it crystal clear to the woman that I was dating that I was not ready nor did I want a serious relationship. Apparently, she ignored all of that. I could tell her that I was busy at work or in the middle of something and she would continue calling and or texting me wanting to know why I was not answering or responding to her text's. She would call me 20 plus times an hr, call my job, leave VM's and texts as well. This was WAY too much for me. She would even call me from her friends cellie and even called from her parents # to try to get in touch with me. Needless to say, she was kicked to the curb and officially relegated to the ';Do Not answer'; list on my cellie. You need to make a clean cut from her. It does not matter that she is in love with you. If you do not have the same feelings, it won't work and again as you say, she is too clingy. You need to take a break from serious relationships right now and date and have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment