Friday, April 30, 2010

Any advice on how to tell my parents that I am involved in an interracial relationship?

Looking for advice/information if anyone can help. My Mom and sisters will be fine, it's just my Dad. Serious answers only. Thank you.Any advice on how to tell my parents that I am involved in an interracial relationship?
first tell him how this person is , how he makes u fell , wat he does n wat he means to u ... tell ur dad dat interracial relationships arent anythin out of the ordinary .. make sure u put all his positives out there n if he still doesnt accept him then u'll have a couple of prblems wit him but not 4 long r atleast not 4 eva he is still ur father n loves u , n if he wants the best 4 u he wont mind .... if he is still against it then just think bout wat makes u happy ur dad is important but ur happiness is 2 .. good luck n dont let no 1 distroy ur happinessAny advice on how to tell my parents that I am involved in an interracial relationship?
Don't even bring it up- just tell him that you've met an amazing guy who you really, really like, and that you hope that he likes him too. If you tell him beforehand then it will seem like you have a problem with it, and it will give him more fuel. If all he knows is that you're happy, then he'll be more inclined to like the guy before he meets him.





If your dad has a serious problem with him or is rude, then you don't need to be around him anymore. As long as you're happy in your relationship that's all that matters. Good luck! :)
Sit down and watch the classic Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn movie Guess Who's Coming to Dinner with your dad


and boyfriend. Even though it is a ';old but classic'; movie some of the issues might hit home.


It was one of Sidney Poiteir's first movies.


Good luck and be honest would be my advice.


I hope this will help.
are your parents racial? now adays there should be no problem. just be honest with your dad and tell him.....rememeber dad it is what makes me happy and you want what is best for me and you want me to be happy right. this is what makes me happy. support me and help me make this relationship work by saying it is ook and giving your blessing for me to date this person. you dad is your dad and he will hopfully see that you are happy and will support you........good luck!!!
I had the same issue with my Dad. Everybody else was fine. I just sat down and told him face to face, man to man. I told him if he loved me, he would accept my choices in life. He didn't talk to me for a month after I told him but ultimately he came around. I just kept talking to him like nothing was different.


I wish you well. It won't be easy but you have your family to help you.
My dad was the same way (we couldn't even have friends who weren't white growing up) I think you should tell him all the great things about your boyfriend (without telling him his race) then after he loves all his qualities - tell him his race??? I think that's how I would handle, but have never been in that situation.
You just have to tell him. My brother is in the same situation. But I tell my parents that I would rather have him with someone of a different race that treats him great, then with the same race that treats him like crap.





You just have to tell him, I am sure he will come around once he realizes how happy you are. Good luck.
Explain to your dad that you've found somebody that makes you incredibly happy. Then tell him about his race. If he realizes that your so happy about this person, then maybe he will not be so upset that he is of a different race
just tell them my mom praises the lord she was in an interracial relationship. tell your dad your really in love. im english, costa rican and dominican with some more european love is all that matters

No comments:

Post a Comment