Friday, April 30, 2010

Abusive relationship, two kids, unemployed, bipolar, need advice and information!?

My husband and i have been married almost five years. We have two kids 10 months and 2 years. I got out of the military 6 months ago. I have been unable to find employment and have just been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder 2 and Adult ADD.


My husband and I have been in a verbally abusive relationship, but it has been escalating to a point that I feel I want to take my kids and go back to be near my family in los angeles. I am currently near his family in Houston, TX and have no support system out here. He is


a daddys/mommys boy and his parents think I am crazy and meddle as much as possible in our relationship. He tells them details and his


mom goes around telling all the rest of the family and it makes me uncomftorable and I don't feel it is healthy to be here. I am a controlling type person so I feel that may bring out my husbands anger, but it just seems no matter how hard either of us try it just is not


getting better. I want to leave but I have nothing I am not working my car got reposessed and I have two kids. My husband keeps threatening to take my kids away and as much as I want him to see his kids every day I can't bare the thought of putting up with all this negative energy, stress, and pain every day. I want to seperate from him to give us both time and space to reevaluate ourselves. My family is offering support for me while I attempt to get on my feet, but my question is does anyone know what resources are availible in California? I hate the thought of being on welfare, but will do whatever it takes to provide for my kids. I don't have any insurance medical for my kids, texas denyed me. In order to look for a job I will need help with childcare, everything is so expensive out in California, food, housing, utilities. I would appreciate any information you may be able to assist with.Abusive relationship, two kids, unemployed, bipolar, need advice and information!?
I live in Atlantic Canada so I don't know about the laws out there. Here, you'd be entitled to LEGAL AIDE...which is free representation by a lawyer. Check that out in California....that's your first step. Down here, you have the right to take your child OUT of an abusive relationship for their own protection.....there are organizations like Transition house that will take in mothers and children and house and feed them for FREE until they can get on their own. Contact your local government community services/child welfare services and ask to speak to someone. I know around here they 'try' to withhold services initially to see who will just bugger off and so they help the ones who persist.....so stand your ground with them and tell them you are in NEED!!!





The fact that you are in an abusive relationship/environment should give you priority.





As for welfare , do NOT be ashamed. People like YOU need it. It's the girls around here who go around getting pregnant just to get low rental housing and party on that ruins it for those in a real crisis.





You would be entitled to some sort of regional housing....whereby they take a % of your income.....which is nothing if you make nothing.





I know a neighbor's daughter who is only collecting her child tax credit and they take a percentage of that.....and in return, she gets a two storey house with heat and lights.





Speak to a legal aide rep and ask them about the laws and taking your children out of state......returning to your family in LA......your husband could fight it, but if you can prove it's for their safety you may be able to pull it off.





Worse case scenario, you may have to stay in California for a while....until legalities are settled and maybe the kids will have to spend so much time with both of you........but it will be healthier in the long run than being trapped in a chaotic existance.





You have to do what's best for YOU and your children!!!!! my sister married a guy who also had mommy/daddy issues and they made her life until they both died!!! only recently. They made sure she was NEVER happy. and she never had much to look forward to. She's STILL with her abusive husband...he was never physically abusive, but verbally and mentally......and still is........and the child they raised just went out on it's own in the world and is as messed up as a kid can be....taking with it the negative things from its negative environment...so they created another generation of abuse........no doubt.





Your children will grow and thrive once they are away from their dad!!!!!!





Do your research, you were in the military so you're not uneducated or lack intelligence.....you're aware of the government and what it has to offer.......make some phone calls, ask for direction, and don't just take their words for it, look for MORE.....and make your move and enjoy your life before you're old and dead from stress way before your time.





Good luck and God Bless!!Abusive relationship, two kids, unemployed, bipolar, need advice and information!?
http://www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/ca.sht鈥?/a>


http://www.safenetwork.net/ i hope this helps
get off the internet and go fix your completely f*cked up life.








you have children depending on you.
You need to get in touch with Veterans' affairs about some kind of mental health check first, before you make any life-changing decisions for yourself, your kids and your husband. Also marriage counseling will help, because you will both be able to discuss things you are not talking about now.





There are resources available to help you in Texas as well as California. Don't wait too long - part of the problem may stem from your experiences in the military.





Good luck. I think you'll end up okay.
Welcome to Texas, time to buck up and get tough. Texas is not going to help you. you gotta go and help yourself. Quit whining, and get up off your lazy carcass to get something to do, You need to focus on something important like your husband, If you fight with him, you are only adding to the stress and anger that you are participating in.





You want a divorce, ask your husband to file for one. Only way your husband going to break free from being moma 's boy is if she passed away. You cannot change the fact that traditional marriage will be salvaged only by compromise and commitment.





I am living with moma, I am a married man by common law, I told my lady that I have one goal in life, that goal is paying off the truck, and loans, getting out of debt so no more trouble in living in the world. If working together will yield good results for me and her, it will work for you.
ya know, i was diagnosed with PMDD, which is a bipolar variety, triggered by PMS. basically, ';psychotic'; while menstruating or during the menstruation cycle....





in retrospect, i think my ';PMDD'; diagnosis, was a nice way of saying that i had TTS - Temper Tantrum Syndrome';. basically i needed to grow up.





perhaps you both need to grow up as well. i agree, separation will do you both some good - as well as some counseling and/or behavioral therapy.





you've just pointed out all the things you can't do....why not put that energy into focusing on what things you CAN.





good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment