Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I really need advice, my gf and i cant seem to get passed this bump in our relationship?

ive been dating this girl for 2 years. she lives at home because shes in school. (nursing school) and i live on my own. i have sense i was 18. i am 22 years old now ive been on my own for a long time. she is 21 and still lives at home till she is finished with school. the problem i have is, im used to doing things on my own. she has school and her mom controls her schedule like shes still a kid. which frustrates me beyond belief. i live by myself and i like to see my girl friend often. well lately sense ive been back from a 4 month business trip, ive been back about a month/half. and it seems like i cant ever see her because her mom is always having her do something for her or with her. me and her have a hard time communicating alot of times and i tend to lose my temper because it happens so much. well her mom likes to feel the need to call me up and try to resolve the issue. it makes me mad because i feel like this isnt a serious relationship because her mom controls everything and it drives me insane.i feel like relationships wont grow unless they learn how to fix things on their own. if your always having mommy fight ur battles its never going to grow. if her and i are having an arguement i cant just talk it out face to face, she has to ask if i can come over and alot of the time i cant because her mom thinks its too late because its a school nite. we spend more time on the phone or chatting online and im wondering if its normal for a relationship to operate like this. i want a more mature relationship but how do i go about getting it when the mom just wont let go?I really need advice, my gf and i cant seem to get passed this bump in our relationship?
It seems like you two have been together for 3 years now? Have you ever considered asking her to move in with you? Some parents will control what their children do until they are officially out of the house. I'm not saying you should support her, but having her move in with you might be the next step you need to take in your relationship.





It also sounds like her mom is a little too involved in her life. Maybe your girlfriend is use to being pampered and sheltered which obviously isn't a good thing. You can't always have mommy fighting battles for you. Try talking to her about it, tell her that you want to feel like you are dating her, not her mother. And if you are ready for it, ask her how she would feel if you guys moved in together. You have to remember, its not just her mom that won't let go, its also your girlfriend that won't either.





If she refuses to gain some independence and talk to you one on one about the issues in your relationship, it might be time to move on. You sound like you want someone who can think for themselves, and your girlfriend doesn't sound like that type.I really need advice, my gf and i cant seem to get passed this bump in our relationship?
You have to talk all this over with your girlfriend. Tell her exactly how you feel and tell her you need things to change becasue you can't stand how things are right now. It may be an unpleasant conversation but its the only way to get change.





good luck!
Honestly, it sounds to me like your girlfriend needs to grow up, get a back bone and tell her mother that she is an adult, and no matter if she's living at home or not, she does not control her life. I'm 17 and I know when I need to get some sleep, or when its top late for ';friends'; to come over. She's 21 then she should know her limits too. Her mother needs to step back and your women needs to defend herself and your relationship. If she truly want to be with you then tell her she needs to show some interest. She needs to fight for your time together.
honestly it sounds to me like you need to try to move on. it wont get any better. you can try to talk to her tell her that u are tired of her mom being just as involved in the relationship as she is and she is the one you want to be with not her mother. tell her how you want the serious relationship with her but if she cant keep her mom out of it that you just cant be with her anymore. you may love her but seriously is it worth the head ache? if she was madly in love with you she would be wanting the seriousness that you are if not more ya know? you are young and im sure if leave her you will fin someone much better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment