Friday, January 8, 2010

Please give me advice about my 5 year relationship... I feel like I am being controlled?

We moved out of state 2 years ago for his job promotion. Lets just say things have not been the greatest. I have been broken down emotionally and have even been seeing a psychologist about it. I have been belittled, humiliated, physically abused, and more. We moved for his job promotion, and I thought I would be able to go to nursing school here. The classes are day time only from 8-5pm. I work part time now and have had it told to me ';how lucky I am';.. he has even told me in the past when I upset him, or refuse to accept certain things or situations that he is the ';bread winner';. I want to move back home and get my LPN, and made it completely clear to him that I will not have him support me while I am in school for these 2 years. I am only 22 and he is 28. He is making me feel so bad about this. The program is 22 months long, and I have told him that is not forever! If he really loved me he would support me and realize that my education benefits him too. He just can't see past the fact that he will not have anyone here, and he is making me feel like I am all he has, and like I am abandoning him or something. I just refuse to accept his support... I have been accepting it so long that I feel like I have lost myself, and to accept it on a full time basis and to relinquish all of my financial freedom seems completely unfeasible. I want to have a relationship with me, but he said that he couldn't last 22 months... he said, ';I need a woman, I depend on a woman';... not financially, but emotionally. Is it just because he needs someone to control? I asked him that. He keeps telling me that I am giving up on him but I am only trying to make our lives better. He is just mad that I will be going back to be with my family and having a fun time while he is stuck in a place with no one... and he just got a DUI and his driving privileges may be suspended, and he is making me feel bad for that too... please help mePlease give me advice about my 5 year relationship... I feel like I am being controlled?
It seems like you want someone to tell you to leave him so here it is ';Leave him';. He doesn't seem like he's a good guy anyway. A real boyfriend would not be like this to his girlfriend. Do you want to get in deeper with him or just cut it loose right now, while you still can? I say leave if this is how he is treating you.Please give me advice about my 5 year relationship... I feel like I am being controlled?
long distance relationships are hard allot can happen in 2 years and after the 2 years apart things might be different your ambitions your ways personalities might not adapt back to hoe you first were together .yet if you stayed and don't go of to college your self belief and confidence will only become worse and you could end up be grudging him for holding you back some guys are still in that old age when women should stay home and men bring home the bacon.


you need to do what you feel in your heart yo don't want be sitting their in years to come wishing that you would of taken the opportunity to do what you always wanted to do.


i was controlled for many years at first i didn't even realize he was doing i had trained for years got steady job slowly he wore me down and i gave it up i have recreated it ever since you see if i was working had work colleges you have your own mind distractions from him don't give don't give up on your dreams and ambitions especially for someone else trust me you don't want look back and regret not taking the opportunity to for fill your dream and make a better life for you both if your love is strong enough you will survive it .


needs a women around does that mean you? or any women good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment