Friday, January 8, 2010

I need some advice about my long distance relationship with my boyfriend. Please somebody?

I'm 17 years old, my boyfriend and I have been together for about 9 months now, but we don't live near each other and consequently see each other about once a month when we spend about a week together, we also talk nearly everyday on the phone. At the beginig of the relationship everything seemed perfect but recently we've been arguing alot about silly little things. I also find that he can be really jealous when I go out with my friends and he texts me to see where I am and what I'm doing. I know he loves me, and that he would do anything for me, but now I really don't know what to do. If i'm having second thoughts does that mean that we shouldn't be together? Also in September I'm going to uni next to him, so it won't be long distance for much longer. I do still love him but i'm so confused, i've talked to him about this but he begged me for another chance...please help me!I need some advice about my long distance relationship with my boyfriend. Please somebody?
well the way i see it, why not give him another chance. long distance relationships can be very very hard to keep, seeing that you guys live so far away from one another, you each have to depend on each other's communication until you can both get the time to see each other, so it's obvious that you have to use the time that you do have on the phone very very valuable, so what i suggest is that you talk to him about his insecurities that he has, and the excess arguments that you both have and tell him that you really want the relationship to work but he needs to lay off the jealousy, and be able to trust you seeing that he would need too in order for the relationship to really work out, it's not like you guys can see each other whenever you want too, so he really have to trust you.Also try it until September, remind him that pretty soon you;ll be closer to him and you guys won't have so much pressure on the relationship b/c of the distance anymore.Reassure him that things can work out with a little effort on his part too.GL.I need some advice about my long distance relationship with my boyfriend. Please somebody?
Jealousy is never a good sign. It implies that trust, a fundamental requirement for a healthy relationship, is missing.





And begging for another chance is called manipulation.





Surely there is someone for him when he gets a handle on his own emotions, and it might even be you, but it is time to experience more of life for both of you.
if he is begging for another chance ,I take it you told him to take a hike. A relationship is based on trust------ the distance makes it interesting. if he lived next door and acted the same way---- what would change? if he cannot trust you or vice versa, distance does not matter. If you two care about each other you need to commit to whatever it takes to make YOUR relationship work. Notice the word YOUR, because it is yours and no one elses. hope this has helped. Best of luck to both of you.
Don't choose a college based on a guy. If it is meant to be then it will be. But don't force it. It sounds like this relationship is really stressing you out. I know how you feel. My best friend and I are in love but he lives a thousand miles away so we decided to remain friends until we can actually be together. But do not allow your relationship with him determine your education.
Long distance relationships can be very frustrating. Having 2nd thoughts is normal, wait until you see him before you make up your mind.
Do anything for you? Then why doesn't he trust you? I hope u work it out but some jealous people never change so stay alert.
stay with him and see what happens just wait confront him about his jealousy problems again later on
You are 17...you both live far away...GET REAL!
sorry but they never work
Anna...silly man thing...I think we men are all a little afraid we are not the main focus....yes we are a silly lot at times....I am in a worse situation...My love is in the UK...I am much older than you both...but the same things sometimes apply....we have opposite probs...but the same...you have to give him a chance....think about it...how would it be in ten years...if you started to wonder...hmmmm...was he the one...Give it a chance....you will then have a clearer view of what to do...dump him,love him...would be your choice!...


I have to smile....I am old enough to be your Grandfather....but remember those problems...some things get better as get older...some things don't....learn to deal with the things that don't...every thing else is just a plus...bye


ron
If you are uncomfortable now with the way he is treating you, and you are long distance, it will be a lot worse when you are closer together. It sounds like the guy has some insecurity issues. I would be very cautious with this relationship...what ever you do do not get pregnant. That will be a disaster. I would try to stay cool with the relationship, and if he gets more demanding and possessive, break it off. You may need some support after the break off...I can see him hassling you and wanting contact with you afterwards. If you do not want any contact make sure that you go through the right channels.
Don't get too involved with this guy - it sounds like he has jealousy and control issues. That is not something you want to put up with long term. If he won't let you have the freedom to see your friends now, it will be worse when he is closer to you. You are young, don't commit to one guy too soon. Uni will change who you are and everything in your life will change. You should have the freedom to explore who you are and your new life without some guy wanting every minute of your time. Good luck.
First of all, let me ease your mind by letting you know why all this is going on: HE'S FALLEN IN-LOVE WITH YOU!!! He's frustrated that he can't see you more often, that he can't express to you on a daily basis all that he feels. He just wants to be able to do the simple things like hold your hand, and stare into your eyes as often as possible.


Try to be patient with him. If you really love him, let him know. There's an old saying: ';Out of sight, out of mind';, and another ';When the cat's away, the mice will play';. That means that if he's not with you, he can't trust you to be faithful. That's what he's afraid of, because he truly cares about being with you.


My advice would be to write him love letters. These are tangible things he can pull out as often as he misses you. They will help you both deal with still being apart for now. It sounds too simple to work, but it really does.


Good luck in college, and good luck with him.
  • acne prone skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment