Friday, January 8, 2010

How do i deal with being in a relationship with someone in the military? should i take a chance? NEED ADVICE?

I just started talking to this guy he is a drill instructor for the marines he ask me to call him anytime but he misses my call or when he calls he could only talk for 20 -30 minutes and then go back to work he barely gets a day off sometimes a few hours off I work on the same base with him i see him marching his platoon or running with the recruits so i will see him sometimes i'm not used to this i need some advice on how to handle it i don't want to back out on him but not hearing from him or seeing him drives me crazy it makes me feel like he does'nt care i know it's not his fault and people keep telling me that drill instructors are dogs and they treat their women bad how will i know that he's not trying to take advantage of me?How do i deal with being in a relationship with someone in the military? should i take a chance? NEED ADVICE?
1st off any one in the military barely has time for anything....and consider yourself lucky that you get to talk to him...my boyfriend is in japan and the last time i talked to him on the phone it has been a couple months...so be glad and thankful that you get eh 20-30 mintues...and it anit easy being with anyone thats in the military..and that doesnt mean that he has someone else or is playing the field. it might not seem like he cares but he most likely does but his job has to come 1st and be on his mind all the time.


and taking a chance is the best thing you can do, if you dont you will always have the what if's in mind when you look back.


i find myself a lot of the time feeling like i have gone crazy. I'd be more than happy to talk to you some more about this so feel free to contact me.





if you'd like to contact me my email is taytayjomar89@yahoo.com or IM me its taytayjomar89How do i deal with being in a relationship with someone in the military? should i take a chance? NEED ADVICE?
4 me i dont think i would u taking a change
This is one I've gave a lot of advice on before. And here's what works.....If what they say is true about drill sargents treating their women like b****es then be assertive and the next time you get a hold of him then tell him to either get his priorities straight or he can be stuck in that da***d base by himself without a girlfriend.
I was in the Navy for 10 years. I did not have a marriage or a girl friend in this time. I could not subject my wife to a life of travel and moving from here to there. I was out to sea so long I did not know when I would come back. I was a LTCDR. I was a real jerk at the time, I would not have wanted a woman to know me. I was always looking to go back out to sea.
Being in the Military (especially at a time of war), carries very tough responsibilities! Your friend is going through training that may one day save his life and the lives of others! If you truly care about him, stop worrying over weather or not he is avoiding you! (Which I seriously doubt he is). Be supportive by letting him do his job with out worrying about offending you. When you do talk to him, let him know you are thinking of him but that you want him to do what he needs to focus on the job at hand and to be safe. Your faith and maturity will mean that much more to him when his job is done and he has the time to focus on building a relationship.
not all drill instructors are dogs


go for it


you can make it work some how maybe email each other
Please dont leave him. Im a Marine in Iraq rite now an Drill Instructors have 2 put alot of their time n2 making Marines. It would b a shame 4 him 2 find out that u want 2 leave him. But I suppose its all up 2 u. Thanx 4 the 2 points...BOO-YA!!!
His job will always come first. You don't sound like the type of person that will be happy with this person. Do yourself a favor and back out of this relationship before you waste any more time on it.
20 - 30 minutes, that should be plenty from a guys point of view, he may have a misses that he don't want you to know about also.


wouldn't be the first time for such a thing.
sound like he is playing the field.





See where his head is... he responsibilities that is keeping him sooo busy.





Take it slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment