Friday, January 8, 2010

How do i deal with being in a relationship with someone in the military? should i take a chance? NEED ADVICE?

I just started talking to this guy he is a drill instructor for the marines he ask me to call him anytime but he misses my call or when he calls he could only talk for 20 -30 minutes and then go back to work he barely gets a day off sometimes a few hours off I work on the same base with him i see him marching his platoon or running with the recruits so i will see him sometimes i'm not used to this i need some advice on how to handle it i don't want to back out on him but not hearing from him or seeing him drives me crazy it makes me feel like he does'nt care i know it's not his fault and people keep telling me that drill instructors are dogs and they treat their women bad how will i know that he's not trying to take advantage of me?How do i deal with being in a relationship with someone in the military? should i take a chance? NEED ADVICE?
First of all, if you are interested in him, then go for it. Do not listen to your friends just because they classify all drill instructors as dogs, that is like saying all men are dogs (a lot are, a lot aren't). The thing is, if you see that he is working, and you know that he is training his recruits then it is not fair for you to be upset with him for not having a lot of time to talk (I know easier said than done). Being in a relationship is hard work, being in one with a military man is usually hard just because of the demands of their jobs, you know all of this I am sure. It can also be very rewarding (been with my marine for almost nine years, and although it's been tough, I wouldn't change it). Just take a chance and see how it turns out, good luck and Semper Fi!How do i deal with being in a relationship with someone in the military? should i take a chance? NEED ADVICE?
My 1st husband was military and was sent off to fight in Desert Storm. We had been married for 8 years at the time and we had a 6 year old little girl. While he was over there, he met a woman in the Army and told me he wanted a divorce. He married her when he got back a few months later. They are still married after 15 years.


So, my advice to you is, take your time, get to know this man and realize that he will spend lots of time with other women. Time at work, out in the field on manuevers and guard duty as well.


If this doesn't bother you, then you will make a good military wife. If this does bother you, then drop him now. You need to make up your own mind.
well since im in the military let me shed some light on you. alot of soldiers are dedicated purely to there job. in other words he puts his career first before his social life. and alot of people in the service do. he is not ignoring you, he is just very busy. being a drill sergeant takes alot out of your day. he works up to 15-18 hour days. they have to be around their new recruits all the time. it takes a very secure woman to date a man in the military. the military takes alot of your time. like right now im in iraq, and have been away from my spouse for 1.6 years. the spouse has to be very dedicated and patient. please understand, being a drill instructor is a 24 hr aday gig, for 2-3 years. they are not dogs, they have a very hard mentality, you have too in the service.and not all military men treat there women bad. how can he take advantage of you, when he hardly ever sees or talks to you?. you need to back up and take it slow, and be his friend first instead of acting like fatal attraction, cause if you dont,you will run him away.
I know that drill instructors get down time when they finish with one platoon. Ask him how far along in training his platoon is. Depending on the answer, tell him you'll wait until he can have a little more time with you. Explain that you understand about his job and you are not going anywhere, that is if you feel he is worth the wait.. Take care and good luck...
I really think you should move on cause i dated a guy in the millitary before and he wanted me and every woman that he could get his hands on. I am just telling you from my experience. Then they can't hardly be home with you when you want them too. Some of them might not be like that. F rom my experience i think you should look else where for a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment